Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bodhisattva Vow



The Bodhisattva Vow

“May I be a guard for those who are protectorless,
A guide for those who journey on the road.
For those who wish to go across the water,
May I be a boat, a raft, a bridge.

May I be an isle for those who yearn for landfall,
A lamp for those who long for light.
For those who need a resting place, a bed;
For all who need a servant may I be a slave.

May I be the wishing jewel, a vase of plenty,
A word of power, and the Supreme Remedy.
May I be the trees of Miracles
And for every being, the abundant cow.

Like the good earth and the other elements,
Enduring as the boundless multitude of living beings,
May I be the ground and vessel of life.

Thus for every single thing that lives,
In number like the boundless reaches of the sky,
May I be their sustenance and nourishment,
Until they pass beyond the bounds of suffering.”

1 comment:

Chris said...

This is overwhelmingly beautiful. What a vow. I wish I could write as beautiful as that. It is my longing to be what is written in that vow. Thank you for sharing this.
Namaste 🙏

Chris